24 сакавіка 2006

She is no hero

LJ user irinamay, who was on the square some of these days, posts last days' summary.

I'm no hero, that's number one. Never thought of myself as one. I've decided to go as far as my timid soul will allow me. I was there on the 19th and 20th. Brought coffee on the 21st. But then I ended up without a passport, so I was afraid to go. More than anything my relatives were trying to scare me: saying "you're not thinking about us", and then "we can't talk over the phone about it"...
I gave three interviews, but they were all to Swedish channels. And this morning, a Swedish journalist called me, telling they cracked down on the tents, and asking me to post on the Internet.
I hope people come out tomorrow. This is not the end, this is the beginning.

Second . The conclusion I've made is this: the most powerful method then as well as now is to talk to people. The kind of people like the man I talked to yesterday, who said: I'm for myself only; the people for whom it's important to be able to support themselves and their families, to make normal money, not the kind of money that's left after paying the taxes. The kind of people, who've had enough of "the stable bad life," but don't know what to do.
We need more facts, because now it's their words verus ours. And besides words, they have pictures on TV, they have decrees and all kinds of prohibitions.

Third. One of the reasons this was happened the way it did (the turnout, the tents) was because of the Internet and cell phones. This can't be reversed, and there was no such thing in 2001. Hurray to technology, and hail all those who have endured all these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home