11 жніўня 2006

Commenting on AN, again

Karol's blog is known for it's comment section. There's always heated debate there, and unlike most heated debates, the ones on Alarming News often contain interesting points. It's a lot of fun reading Karol argue her point. So, here's my comment to her post saying Libermann should not run - as Karol said in the comments, it would be "beneath him".

By the way, why is his name spelled "Lieberman"? That's just wrong. It's not pronounced Lie-berman? It's pronounce Lee-berman. So, out of protest and indignation, I will spell his name "Libermann", with an extra "N", which stands for "Wrong spelling". Hello, my name is Lenin, I am from the former Soviet Union, and I am here to teach America how to speak proper English.

OK, here's the comment:

* * *

I was talking to a guy last night who's always been a Democrat, but said he was frustrated that the party has gone too far in the Daily Kos direction, but he would never vote Republican. The angry senator from Georgia and his speech at the Republican convention in '04 also comes to mind. Finally, people like Glenn Reynolds have been entertaining the idea of a third party for a while.
"Republican" has been a curse word for many people, for a long time ("and he called her a bitch, a slut, and a Republican"), and with Dems being practically useless for the country, I think there's going to be more demand for a third party. After all, the two that we have are arguably the most corrupt institutions in America, so I think it would be good for the country if people like Lieberman, as pathetic as he may seem, put some heat under the big two's behinds. He's decided to run, and I'd rather see him win than this Ned guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home